Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Circling the Wagons

It is Wednesday, November 7, 2012. Obama has been reelected, and my life is going to change. How did America fall so far, that we twice elected a man who has divided and failed us as a nation at every turn? The message of "we will do it for you" was louder and more persuasive than the message of "we'll make it so you can do it yourself."  Thomas Jefferson was right when he said that a republic will cease to exist when the government takes from those who are industrious and gives to those unwilling to work. Our economy, our nation, is in big trouble. I'm saddened beyond measure.

I am through with people who voted for Obama. Through. Done. I take their betrayal of this country personally, and I will not ignore the betrayal for the sake of friendship or family.

I will not do business with any company which supports or whose officers support Obama. I will ask how they voted every single time, and I will thank those who answer that they supported Obama or other democrats; and I will walk out or hang up. Period.

I will ask every server in every restaurant in which I dine who they supported for president; if they voted for Obama, in lieu of a tip I will write, "Obama's got this."

I cancelled my health insurance. I am stopping my federal income tax withholding. I will not pay to support policies which violate the very core of my beliefs.

I am ceasing IMMEDIATELY all charitable giving. The people whom my generosity most helps are the ones who overwhelmingly voted to keep him and others like him in office. I will not support them anymore, since I am going to have a difficult enough time supporting myself and my daughter. Good luck; Obama's got this.

I am not asking you to take any of these steps, but the more people of like mind who join in concentrated business relationships and mutual support, the more likely we are to have an impact. If you received this link, it's because I love and respect you. I don't know if America can survive 4 more years of Harry Reid's senate and Obama's presidency, but I will protect my own interests and those of my child. God bless us and keep us.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment